Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp Scaled.php?server=542&filename=entertbomwebsite

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp Scaled.php?server=542&filename=entertbomwebsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp

3 posters

Go down

Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp Empty Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp

Post by Astrahmn Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:05 pm

What is everyones thoughts on the assassin right now? I've primarily spent my time in warzones and I've been enjoying it quite a lot. I tend to do rather well medalwise between the damage medals and the easy protection medals you get through use of mass mindcontrol, which is by far my favorite skill in pvp.

Right now the deception spec seems to be the strongest due to the bursty nature of the tree in comparison with the other two. I've been playing around with using dark charge in the deception tree as of late as well and it feels strong. I wish they'd change a few things in the madness tree though, it feels clunky and random to use. Dots are not powerful when you are required to by in melee range to use them as well.

Anyone have any useful tricks to share about assassins? My main one is definitley to constantly use mass mindcontrol in pvp. Especially since you can use it without actually breaking stealth. Thereby garunteeing that all of your opponents deal 30% less damage. Without any chance to focus you.

Astrahmn

Brotherhood Points : 3
Brotherhood Respect : 0

Back to top Go down

Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp Empty Re: Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp

Post by Negrisuno Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Good idea with the mass mind control, never actually thought of using it heh. As for using dark charge while full spec deep into deception all the time is not so great imo. Unless theres a healer around helping you stay alive to sustain dps.

It may be useful as a midway switch running away just to survive but dark charge itself gives no added benefit apart from that extra armor plus that small heal which acts like a minor mitigation. Then again our main counter class atm is operative-concealment and their main dps ignores armor plus their 31-skill point gives a 50% armor penetration. If one opens on us it usually is when we're low and out of cds.

Any thoughts from the other dpssin?

Negrisuno

Brotherhood Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp Empty Re: Thought I might go ahead and try to spark some discussion in this forum, on Sith Assassin Pvp

Post by Astrahmn Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:25 am

The operatives seem pretty dominant, you make a good point with the armor pen. Still activating the shield generator seems like reason enough for me alone. Although without absorption its probably not great. Still considering that the game is 75% Hutball atm I like being able to run the ball somewhat. I need to see some stats on how big the damage boost from surging charge really is. Its 5 stack discharge seems to happen once in a blue moon but does fill a little gap when you're trying to burst someone.

Astrahmn

Brotherhood Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Negrisuno Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:35 am

Now with the changes to dark charges healing application being once every 4.5sec or 3sec with overcharge, I think the only time i'll swap to using it would be for the defense boost maybe to flee xD.

However in regards to your question on surging discharge, it's actually a very good dps source if specced to reduce discharge cd to 12sec. It's really quick to stack at least 2 in a short fight that last between 5-10secs and not to forget that if spec deep into the deception tree your discharge crit bonus is 100% not inclusive of surge rating bonus so ye it can go up to 4k crit. And it ignores armor so best use it at every cd Smile

Again, this discussion welcomes feedback from fellow dpssins.

Negrisuno

Brotherhood Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbadon Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm

my thoughts : nerf every skill in terms of damage wich has the abillity to crit for over 3k =.='. it is unfair that you guys get like 4 of them and i am stuck with 1 wich even has a 15 sec cd =.='

Abbadon
Officer
Officer

Brotherhood Points : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum